POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Get image file name from the code : Re: Get image file name from the code Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:44:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Get image file name from the code
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 27 Aug 2007 08:50:00
Message: <web.46d2c81a21b8a3b2c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Zoly" <zol### [at] kroncom> wrote:
> Thank you for your illustration about file types, compression types and
> naming conventions for frame images.
>
> Regarding my question, I guess that the answer is: No, it is not possible to
> know the file name of the image that is being created from the SDL code.
>
> Regards,
> Zoly.

Well yes and no I suppose.

Read the docs "3.1.2.4.2  Output File Name" regarding the file name options.
 However, if you are trying to get a scene to know the name of the output
file automatically without hardcoding it, I don't think you can.

Perhaps you can explain what you want to do and a solution can be found.

-tgq